Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Writing Along

Hello once again! I vowed to keep my readers...All two of you...Posted on what was happening...So here I am!

Let's just say that I have made wonderful progress. As it stands, I am presently working on the seventeenth chapter. The page count is over 90 and I would consider myself roughly halfway done. I believe that I have done a much better job of it this time. I won't let it get away from me!

As you may remember, my first effort fell flat on its face. I tried to weave together a believeable story involving seperate universes...EPIC FAIL! The characters had little in common, although I developed a few quite well, they were not intended to be the main characters. The introduction was too difficult to follow.

This time, everyone is in the same boat. I have managed to diverge the storylines enough to develop the distinct characters, but they all remain connected and frequently cross paths.

A piece of advice...Don't write without a plan...Know what you want to do, when you want to do it, and how you want to do it. I learned the painful way that shooting from the hip will result in a train-wreck of a story. I've learned from my mistake...And so far, I'm holding on to this one.

No comments: